Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice needed -- how pull a new battery cable thru they riggin tube on my yamaha f115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed -- how pull a new battery cable thru they riggin tube on my yamaha f115

I'M TRYING TO PULL A NEW BATTERY CABLE THRU THEY RIGGIN TUBE ON MY YAMAHA F115. I get it going about 6 inches and it's stuck and can't pull any farther

Any trade secrets to make this happen ??

Thanks

for starters, there is "wire pulling lubricant"

of course, that comes in a minimum of a quart bottle and you need a couple of dabs...

but soapy water is better than nothing

or silicone grease

is the old one still in place?

the easiest is always to tape the new wire smoothly to/behind the old

as you pull the old out the new one just takes its place

I've disconnected the fuel line, pulled it out with a cord attached,

then used the cord to pull it - together with the new wire - back into place

worst case:
    I've had to disconnect everything at the engine end,
    including the shift and throttle cables,
    so that I could straighten out the rigging tube and clear the "blockage"

Comment

Helping a friend run wiring for a new gps on a late model Sea Hunt. Factory had bundled a group of wires together with zip ties and then pulled them through the tube. Sitting there like a big turd blocking all efforts. We ended up by passing the tube altogether.

Comment

Ahh and now I re-read the post. Rigging tube versus front to back tube running under deck? Assume grey Yamaha tube? Disconnect it at motor and wherever it enters boat. Wiggle it around and twist while pushing wire through. Keep trying it will go eventually.

Comment

Similar to posted above, get some heavy, single strand (like 110 volt line) wire(ONE wire).

Route it thru the new battery cable terminal end and wrap it around itself several times.

Tape it up good, and slip the "110 wire" thru the grommet.

Some soapy water or silicone spray on the battery cable and into the grommet and it should pull thru a bit easier..
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Got it done a few days ago -- between rain gushers. Used tips from yous guys by using wire ties t hook old cable to new cable and wrapping with tape then using T-9 to lubricate old, new and existing cables and it just slud thru

Thanks for insight !!

Comment

Working...
            X