Yamaha C40TLRA w/703 Controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Locke2904 View Post
    Adjusting this also increases the idle with the lever "at rest". The manual doesnt have the adjustment section mentioned, it only has a section on changing the lever from one side to another, swapping to push/pull, and the screw to tighten the lever's resistance/loosen.
    I'm not talking about the 703 Remote Control manual, I'm talking about the Yamaha Service Manual for the motor.

Give me a few minutes. In my earlier post, I included some pages on the Insp/Adjust, control system from the Yamaha Service Manual. I'll post the other pages so you have the entire sequence.

I hope I'm not sending you in left field, but following procedures in sequence seems to be the right thing to do. Maybe not following procedures is why "Adjusting this also increases the idle ".
    Chuck,
    1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Originally posted by cpostis View Post
      I'm not talking about the 703 Remote Control manual, I'm talking about the Yamaha Service Manual for the motor.

Give me a few minutes. In my earlier post, I included some pages on the Insp/Adjust, control system from the Yamaha Service Manual. I'll post the other pages so you have the entire sequence.

I hope I'm not sending you in left field, but following procedures in sequence seems to be the right thing to do. Maybe not following procedures is why "Adjusting this also increases the idle ".
      Sorry, although the manual attachment pages I sent may give you an idea of Insp/Adjust Control System procedures, they may not be particular to your motor. I'm attaching a link to where you can order a manual for your motor. Good investment. Again, do procedures in sequence as the manual states.

I really think you're barking up the wrong tree thinking the remote control is the problem.

LIT-18616-01-81 YAMAHA 40/50 W-B (C40/C50)
      Chuck,
      1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Working...
      X