New wiring harness for repower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New wiring harness for repower

I know that my friendly Yamaha dealer should advise on this, but I'd be grateful for any words of wisdom on the following. Repowering to a 2017 F115 after dumping my old (not Yamaha) motor and all cables/wiring and console, so a nice from-scratch opportunity. I will use a new 703 side mount remote and the square version of the 6Y5-8350T-etc. That would be my only Yamaha gauge giving me RPM, trim and the vital signs. The question is, what minimum harness (part numbers appreciated) to link the F115, square tach and the 703? Many thanks.

First, the 6Y5 tachometer does not come in a square version. The 6Y8 tachometer does.

The Yamaha rigging guide offers diagrams showing various configurations with the 703 control box. See pages 2-3 and 2-4.

2016 Outboard Rigging & Parts

Comment

Thank you sir! I guess I just didn't have the catalog link - has everything I need.

Comment

New F115 wiring harness continued

I've browsed the rigging catalog and can't find the exact configuration I want. Could you please confirm that the following will work:
        704-48205-P1-00 binnacle and 704-82570-10-00 key box via 10 pin 688-8258A-60-00 harness. Then 6Y5-83557-10-00 harness to 6Y7 analog gauges. The only schematic offered in the rigging catalog shows the 6Y5 multifunctional gauges connected to the 6Y5-83557-10-00 harness with the 704 con*****er, but I do see another illustration where a 703 remote is wired to 6Y7 gauges with the very same 6Y5-83557-10-00 harness.

Comment

Tell me precisely what control box that you want to use and what gauges that you want to use.

The gauges are one thing and the control is another thing. Just because you don't find the exact configuration you want in the catalog does not mean that you cannot do something differently. Not all possible combinations of configurations are shown.

Comment

704 single Binnacle and key box with 6Y7 Analog gauges (pro series II).

Comment

Originally posted by socks349 View Post
              704 single Binnacle and key box with 6Y7 Analog gauges (pro series II).
              Here is the parts list.

Comment

Thank you sir, all the info I need. May the barnacles not foul and your keel be clear.

Comment

Working...
                X