2015 F115 hissing sound ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 F115 hissing sound ?

Hello all. I have a 2015 F115 it has 130 hours on it. I have done services myself per manual. I have noticed when coming off of plane when she gets to idle she is making a hissing sound coming from manifold area very well could be the intake as she sits at idle after about 30 seconds or so the sound stops. Also when running on hose or anytime I shut her off actually she makes a hissing sound also for a few seconds and stops. I'm not sure if this has away happened and I'm just now noticing it or what ? Any info would be appreciated thanks..

Can you remove cowling and whatever plastic covers under cowling? Run on muffs and have someone else turn it off. You stand by engine and find out where noise is coming from. May be normal, I don't know. Still under warranty I'm sure.

Comment

Yeah I've done that it's kind of hard to pin point I believe it's coming from right around intake but I swear I never noticed it before. And I only noticed that after I heard it at idle after coming off of plane while offshore and it's just bugging me lol it may have always made the damn noise and just never noticed it before would just like someone to confirm it lol. All the shops at home there out like two weeks on work can't have that..

Comment

it is normal.
        it is the idle air control/.

Comment

Thanks so it is normal engine doesn't run any different you think j just had not noticed it? And it's normal coming off plane and then it will stop ?

Comment

If Rod says its normal then go play. No sweat.

Comment

Roger that thank ya

Comment

at cruising speeds the ISC is at 100% open,when coming off a plane it starts closing, sometimes it makes the air hiss as the engine is slowing down.

using the active test with YDIS cycle the vale a few times then temp gun it.
                if its much over 200 *f it is sticking.

Comment

Working...
                X