No announcement yet.

Yamaha 2006 F250 3.3 Tilt Seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when my cuz fr0m England ask why I needed 2 16 rnd mags.
    I replied.
    I am to old to fight.
    smoke to much to run.
    sonmetimes I cannot hit sheet.

on a good match I may be well into my 3rd 16 rd mag .

but if you wish to gunfight me, don't stand still long.

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300

Lower unit oil is DENSER than water.
      Not to take sides with whatever has been going on here lately -

just a factual correction:

The density of water at room temp is in excess of 8 pounds/gallon.

Or expressed as "specific gravity" - of course water is, by definition, 1.0

Comment

that is why oil floats in water.

its also why the steel clips on wheel weights float to the top of my lead pot when I melt them.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          Not true.

Remove the power cable, remove the bonding wire, remove the tilt piston pin, remove the lower mount bolts and the entire assembly simply slides out from between the two clamp brackets.
          Mr. Boscoe99

Thanks for your reply. The first and the second. As I said, "as I understand" I had a couple of Yamaha techs tell me I may have to loosen the bracket. I appreciate you telling me it should come right out. I was juggling sending the unit to a guy in FL. that rebuilds them and does a nice job, but would like to do myself at home.

Comment

good luck, hope you have the proper tools to do it yourself

Comment

Thanks for all the responses. A lot of collective knowledge on this forum. I know I wanted these answers for my repairs, but since all threads are kept archived I would like to keep it on topic so that others reading this in the future may get the answers they need.
              I recently read a thread where Rodbolt17 described how to disassemble the tilt piston on a 3.3 F250 and not tear it up. There was a lot of good replies in that thread and it was very helpful. That is what this is all about!
              FishermanTom

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                that is why oil floats in water.

its also why the steel clips on wheel weights float to the top of my lead pot when I melt them.
                Making your own bullets?

Comment

yes I make my own bullets for a .41 swiss vetterli.

the trim and tilt seals on the F250 are not hard to do but it does require some tools and some patience.

to remove the tilt ram will require a bit of lifting the gearcase to get it out.

Comment

Solo has a point, bigger is better. And Town is clearly butthurt. And life goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300
                      You sir, are an idiot.

Who really cares? You truly post like a ten year old.

Scofflaw, your not far behind..

*****ers not doubt...

Try and focus on the OP's issue/thread instead of trying to sell your POS.

Attack me in a new thread dedicated to ME!
                      Guy is spelling it out plain and simple, 10 year old ??? think not

Focus on the OP's thread ???? Your the 1 that went off on multiple butthurt posts with extra large font.
                      Last edited by scofflaw; 08-30-2016, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Whatever you want. you were here way before me.

Comment

Originally posted by scofflaw View Post
                          Whatever you want. you were here way before me.
                          Its just courteous.

Keep the BS on CS's thread so other folks needing help can get it.

Thanks...

Back to the Op's thread and apologies for the de-rail..
                          Scott
                          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thanks for Rodbolts and everyones help with this repair. I have now been able to get time to tear it down and am hoping for some more tech support. All went well so far using the advice and tips from Rodbolts previous posts in another thread about a repair like this. Very helpful in getting the tilt piston out of the cylinder, and the piston off of the tilt strut. As well as using the tubing to hold down the tool on the caps to keep it in place. I will post some pics in case anyone has any input. In case anyone wants to know I got the spanner wrench from Marine Tech Tools.

My questions are:

How do I remove the free piston out of the cylinder in order to replace the seal, it appears near the top now?
                            Do I need to use thread locker on the tilt strut threads to the piston on reassembly?
                            How much hydraulic fluid does this unit hold when full?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by FishermanTom; 09-16-2016, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Professional Marine Tools and DIY Training

This company has got some neat tools and good videos regarding t/t and steering work.

Comment

Rodbolt is by far the most experienced with where you are now.

I'd be waiting for him to chime in.

(Nice and neat work area, nice to see that once in awhile!!)
                                Scott
                                1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                                X