70TLRS New Powerhead now no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70TLRS New Powerhead now no spark

Help, I replaced the powerhead on a 1994 Yamaha 70TLRS with a new Yamaha Factory unit. At first start it ran for a min then died, this happened multiple times, As time went on it would run for shorter amounts of time. now i have no spark I am leaning twards a bad CDi Powerpack on the crank sensor circuit. I bought the Yamaha factory service manual and all cdi unit ohms were in speck except the crank circuit. it showed the following readings in the pic using a new analog Volt Meter. I also tried disconnecting the yellow Emergancy Operation Wire thinking that that would make it run on preset values instead of depending on the sensors - but that did not help.
    Just cant see how it ran before and now dont. I have triple checked wiring and grounds, kill circuit.....

If I need a PowerPack any suggestions where I might find a good used one?

other info:
    When i replaced the powerhead i removed the oil tank & oil pump drive then blocked off the oil line hoses to run straight 50:1 mixed gas as the old powerhead failed on #1 cyl due to lack of oil. after mixing the oil & gas i emptied the carbs then disconnected the fuel line and pumped a couple quarts of fuel mix to be sure all was good, then reconnected the fuel line
    Attached Files

check the peak voltages into and out of the cdi like manual calls for to make sure everything is in spec

Comment

Working...
    X