Need Help "Translating" Wiring Diagrams for Battery Switch's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
    Pretty sure you could make the isolator connection yourself without buying Yamaha harness. I used heatshrink connector and heatshrink sleeve. 10 gauge wire.
    I was concerned that there were two wires going into that coneector -- should I cut off the connector and just connect the two wires to one battery cable going to the combiner?

I've been holding off a little because i need to replace the rigging tube and i didn't want to take it apart twice

Comment

Originally posted by Poorsche View Post
      I was concerned that there were two wires going into that coneector -- should I cut off the connector and just connect the two wires to one battery cable going to the combiner?

I've been holding off a little because i need to replace the rigging tube and i didn't want to take it apart twice
      Certainly that can be done. Cutting and splicing that is.

I would buy the connector that mates to the one on the engine and then add my own wire to that connector and route it to the battery.

I gave you a source of supply for the connector a while back.

Comment

I still have that reply -- just wanted to be sure that I wasn't going to create a new problme by connecting both of those wires together

From what it looks like that auxiliary charge circuit could go directly to a 3rd battery or via a switch without using a Yalinda or ACR

Comment

The two wires are already connected together. At the connector. If you cut the connector off and joined the wires together you will be doing what was already done when the wires were attached to the connector.

There are many instances where Yamaha has two or more wires that are connected together at a common point.

The isolator lead is intended to go directly to a second battery without a switch being involved. It is doing what a combiner/VSR/ACR does only it does it on the motor and not at the batteries.

In a number of Yamaha's you can use the Yamaha isolator lead, make your own isolator lead or install a combiner. They are all just different ways of getting to the same point.

Comment

Got it -- thanks for breaking the code -- not many folks even remember 2000 model year motors it seems

Again thanks !!

Comment

boscoe99 -- I talked to Yamaha yesterday since they Owned Century at the time my boat was built and they confirmed that the Battery Diagram you sent me was what was the standard when that boat was built.

Thanks for your help -- I really appreciate the time you took for answers

Comment

Working...
              X