Replacement Gauges for a 1993 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Gauges for a 1993 200

I recently acquired a boat with a 1993 200 TXRR motor. The motor runs great, but it looks like I will need to replace the multifunction gauges - they are barely readable. It looks like the current part # for the tach is 6Y5-83500-03-00, but according to boats.net the speedometer should be 6Y5-83500-A0-00, which is obsolete. Is there a newer replacement for the speedo? Will the original wiring harnesses work? Also, I have seen that Yamaha has a fuel management unit. Will it work with a 1993 motor? Any advice is much appreciated.

Originally posted by Elwood22 View Post
    I recently acquired a boat with a 1993 200 TXRR motor. The motor runs great, but it looks like I will need to replace the multifunction gauges - they are barely readable. It looks like the current part # for the tach is 6Y5-8350T-83-00 with adapter harness., but according to boats.net the speedometer should be 6Y5-83500-A0-00, which is obsolete. Is there a newer replacement for the speedo Yes 6Y5-83570-S6-00? Will the original wiring harnesses work? Yes. Also, I have seen that Yamaha has a fuel management unit. Will it work with a 1993 motor? Yes. Any advice is much appreciated.
    See comments above.
    http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/ya...50T-83-00.html
    http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/ya...570-S6-00.html

See this document also. Page 3-2.

2016 Outboard Rigging & Parts
    Last edited by boscoe99; 08-14-2016, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Great info. Thanks!

Comment

Yamaha likely branded a product line from teleflex or similar. I replaced my fuel gauge with their trim gauge and found instruments differed only by the scale printed behind the needle. I doubt the same is true of the new computerized stuff. When shopping, I recall seeing packages offered as sets in styles to suit any decor.

Comment

Working...
        X