Fuel Pressure high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pressure high

Hi all I am new to the forum and thought I might get a solution to my problem. I have twin 1997 225 HP EFI Yamahas with 650 hours and noticed that the Port motor idles lower 600 rpm, 500 - 400 rpm in gear and smokes more than the Starboard motor 700 - 800 RPM 600 rpm in gear. The engine sometimes drops to 300 rpm in gear and stalls. It will restart and runs up to top 5400 rpm. So far changed spin on fuel filter Yamaha 10 micron, engine mounted fuel filter, cleaned VST filter, cleaned O2 sensor, changed 3 l/p fuel pumps (1 leaking),checked plugs and they are ok. I noticed today that the Port motor FOP discharge pressure at 70 psi while the starboard motor is at 35 psi. I am thinking a regulator issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would think it might be a fuel filter issue before it would be a regulator issue.

Maybe clean and/or replace the filter from the regulator to the VST first and see if that solves the issue. Item 15 in this illustration:

1997 S225TXRV Yamaha Outboard FUEL INJECTION PUMP Diagram and Parts

Before buying a new regulator at 140 a pop put the known good regulator on the problematic motor and see if the fuel pressure goes back to being normal.

Comment

Fuel Pressure high

Thanks boscoe99 I will try the filter first and then swap the regulators. I will post back after.

Comment

Working...
      X