96 pro v 150 fires only on 4 of 6 cylinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 pro v 150 fires only on 4 of 6 cylinders

Hey hows it going i have a 96 pro v150 2 stroke on my 72 mako it was running good the one day i had it out went to fire it up to go back into shore and wouldnt fire up drained the batery while doing so.. Diagnosed it down to # 2 and 5 cylinders are not getting spark.. Before i spend money im not a100% sure on is there any way i could test the stator or cdi box? ... Or maybe if theres a sensor of sometype that im missing maybe its ina safe mode? Any input will help thanks

You could try swapping one of the CDI's with another cylinder to see if the problem moves to the new cylinder. If it doesn't move than you at least ruled it out.

Comment

I would not think just 2 cylinders not sparking would not keep motor from starting

Comment

that engine uses 2 pulser coils and a crank position sensor to control six ign coils.
        my guess would be you lost the CPS or a pulser coil.

Comment

Dubber, i swapped coils with one cylinder i knew was getting spark still nothing m. Rodbolt17 do you know where the crank sensor is located? And do you know the wire colors for the pulsur so i can try to ohm them out?

Comment

Working...
          X