Yamaha serial number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha serial number

Hi, I have searched extensively and checked all the serial number charts for my Yamaha 2 stroke 15hp outboard but cannot find how to decode my serial number. I need to know the year so I can order parts. I went to the Yamaha parts dealer and they cannot look up the serial number?

It is a brown tage with white lettering.
    YAMAHA 15D
    684CL 321803
    yamaha motor co.,ltd.
    made in japan

There is also a N stamped in the lower left corner as you face the tag.

I can send a picture of the serial number tag and the outboard if needed. Please help, thanks. Dan

It is a 1984 model year motor.

What country are you in? This is a USA website. The model 15D was not offered here in the states. Therefore you will not find it in Yamaha USA parts catalog.

684C is the model code.

L is for the shaft length. L = 20 inches.

321803 is the particular serial number for the 684C 15 model.

Comment

hi, thanks for taking the time and the info. I am in the US in Idaho. I bought it used as a project and want to be able to order parts for it.

Is it rare you find a non us outboard in the states? Any differences that you know of?

Are you pretty certain it is a 1984? I've owned 3 previous 90's little outboards and this one looks just like it.

I can send you a picture of the serial number badge plate and a picture of the outboard.

Thanks again

Comment

My mistake. I misread my Yamaha data. I am now guessing that it is circa 1994. Similar to a 15MLHS sold here in the US. The parts should be more or less the same.

Comment

Comment

Thanks again you guys are the best I knew someone out there would have the answer.

Yes 1994 to 1996 seems right. my serial number is: 15D 6784CL 321803. Which model number should I reference when ordering parts? I know it's a long shaft, tiller handle, all manual everything.

Comment

Originally posted by DAR12345 View Post
              Thanks again you guys are the best I knew someone out there would have the answer.

Yes 1994 to 1996 seems right. my serial number is: 15D 6784CL 321803. Which model number should I reference when ordering parts? I know it's a long shaft, tiller handle, all manual everything.
              I would guess the 15MLHS model. M is for manual start, L is for long shaft, H is for Tiller Handle and S is for 1994.

Comment

Working...
              X