No announcement yet.

Rind Free SHOCK amount??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The larger pic's are NOT uploaded direct to the forum. if so, their also small like yours. I believe there's a data limit on how many pic's you /data you can post here...

For the larger pictures, you have to upload to Photobucket, then there's a link to coly and paste. that link will post a large picture.

Now IF you erase that photobucket picture, the pic you posted ALSO goes away..
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
      The larger pic's are NOT uploaded direct to the forum. if so, their also small like yours. I believe there's a data limit on how many pic's you /data you can post here...

For the larger pictures, you have to upload to Photobucket, then there's a link to coly and paste. that link will post a large picture.

Now IF you erase that photobucket picture, the pic you posted ALSO goes away..
      Thanks Scott! Yeah, there is a size limit on the forum site. As in Photobucket, when I did have to remove some attachments/images from the forum attachment manager and noticed they no longer appear in the forum. From now on, I'll upload to Photobucket "coly" and paste. Just how fat are your fingers?
      Chuck,
      1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Don't see any water in that picture?

Comment

Insert Image Test

OK, let's see if this works. By the way, I ordered 6 of theses SS closed end battery terminal nuts for my batteries. I will torque them to the following specs excerpt for "stud". Note the difference in "wingnut", and "stud". the manufacturer of these batteries says "no to any type of washer, it can reduce the contact area of the connection".

Tighten all wiring connections to the proper specification (see below). Make certain there is good contact with the terminals.

Proper Torque Values for Connection Hardware
          Flooded VRLA Marine Batteries

Wingnut 95 – 105 in-lbs

Stud 120 – 180 in-lbs

WARNING: Do not overtighten terminals. Doing so can result in post breakage, post meltdown, or fire.
          Chuck,
          1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

I think I have flat SS washers on each terminal, then a locking washer on each, then a wing nut. All with dielectric grease. The flat washer spreads the area out, the lock washer keeps things tight...

Re the RingFree SHOCK amount, I'm sticking with 1 oz / 1 gallon (as per Mama Yamaha) as apparently
            no one knows otherwise. As an FYI, double that amount apparently doesn't hurt anything (likely just a waste of money)..

The water / canal is in the back yard:

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 08-04-2016, 04:02 PM.
            Scott

Comment

Update re RingFree SHOCK amount....

A member from another forum found the correct amount to use for SHOCK
              TREATMENT
              and forwarded to me.

The correct amount (per Yamaha RF Spec's) is 2 oz / 1 gallon.
              Scott

Comment

are we suppose to believe what someone wrote on the web ?
                or is there a link to Yamaha that shows it?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                  are we suppose to believe what someone wrote on the web ?
                  or is there a link to Yamaha that shows it?
                  Click on the Yamaha Product, go to spec's, it's on-line, under the spec's..

It is NOT on the bottle..

http://www.simyamaha.com/Yamaha_Yama...ngfr-pl-32.htm

In the above link:

Add to fuel in either SHOCK TREATMENT for oil build up or CONSTANT TREATMENT to maintain protection from harmful deposit build up. After SHOCK TREATMENT it is recommended to change oil in 4 stroke engines. Older heavily deposited engines may require a second shock treatment. SHOCK TREATMENT: 2 oz./gal. CONSTANT TREATMENT: 1 oz./10 gals. Minimum SHOCK TREATMENT per engine: 3.3L to 1.7L engines - 64 treated gallons 1.6L to 700cc - 24 treated gallons 699cc and below - 12 treated gallons

Constantly rolling your eye's, isn't good for you and easily confuses folks...

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 09-28-2016, 04:05 PM.
                  Scott

Comment

Working...
                  X