ox66 Yamaha erratic idling speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ox66 Yamaha erratic idling speed

GO day all i have a 2001 Yamaha ox66 SX225TXRY when starting from cold the idling goes up and down drops to 400 then goes back to 12000 then settles down to 800 .at times when running then slowing down to duck up the idling drops to 500 then goes back up to 800.she runs good all the way to full throttle
    this is what i have done got two books a Yamaha service manual and a Clymer Yamaha shop manual to read up on . we have changed last year thermostats ,low pressure fuel pumps tested the hi pressure pumps O2 sensor good last year in the service . we have done this to try to fix it . installed a new throttle position sensor synchronizing the throttle valves changed the high pressure fuel pump resister . when we are out for a couple of hours anchored off then go to start it goes to 400 then cuts out we have to try starting it a couple of times to get it going . HELP

just had a mechanic in today to sort this out and it was the Stator and Pulser coil we took it from a running engine .So whats seems to be just something simple is not that simple my advice just get in a good mechanic and sort it out in two hours then spending many hours and money on it ,were you could be enjoying a good days outing .

Comment

Thanks for the update!

I couldn't help as I had NO clue!!
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

so your trying to tell us that two separate devices failed at the same time?
        not buying it.

Comment

Working...
        X