Parts for 3MSHY 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts for 3MSHY 2000

Using the intake diagram Part one shows an assembly of three pieces including a metal flange. before I order it I wish to make sure that the metal flange is included (mine is cracked)

I see more than three parts comprising the assembly.

2000 3MSHY Yamaha Outboard INTAKE Diagram and Parts

Comment

Sorry, left out the screw and the washer- so there are 5 parts if I have read the diagram correctly. I'm most interested in the metal flange. I definitely need that replacement.
      While I'm at it I have a question about removing the carburetor/fuel pump assembly. If I haven't done anything really careless it appears to me that the assembly should be able to be removed if the two flange bolts are removed, along with the long bolt holding the air silencer. My problem is that there is no clearance to remove the flange bolts without removing other engine parts. The repair manual that I have doesn't cover the assembly removal in any detail. In particular the downside flange bolt looks almost impossible to remove.

Comment

Yamaha manuals are piss poor when it comes to providing instructions. Mostly it is just a parts catalog with some torque values.

When it comes to removing a power head there is no mention of the need to first remove the engine cowl. Try removing a power head without first removing the cowling and see how far you get. So too it is with a number of other parts.

You do what you gotta do.

Comment

Working...
        X