Yamaha F50 -98 Choke rod doesn't activate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha F50 -98 Choke rod doesn't activate

I have a Yamaha F50 1998...my engine starts easy and stay good on idle 800-900rpm.
    My problem is when I accelerate quick it always die. I have to go slowly up to 2500-3000rpm and then its working fine.

When I push the choke rod, then I can accelerate normal and the engine doesnt die. Any suggestion?

The stator coil only activates during startup and not when it´s warm. Why is the stator coil going through the thermoswitch on backside of the engine?

Please, see video where you also can hear some noise. I was not able to push down the choke rod cause I had the mobile in my left hand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9FjqO8JZRI

Sounds like fuel problem . You check carbs, fuel. We had water in fuel and had to half choke motor to get back to land. Fuel pressure? Sounds like fuel restricted maybe?

Comment

that motor uses a rube G O L D berg auto enrichment system.

it is very touchy with adjustments and debris.
      it used a combination of automatic and manual enrichment for cold start.

however in your case when hitting the choke your forcing it rich to accelerate.
      either the accelerator/dashpot is misadjusted/defective or the carbs are dirty.

Comment

Which one is the accelerator/dashpot?
        Should the choke rods be activated when I accelerate?

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
          that motor uses a rube G O L D berg auto enrichment system.

it is very touchy with adjustments and debris.
          it used a combination of automatic and manual enrichment for cold start.

however in your case when hitting the choke your forcing it rich to accelerate.
          either the accelerator/dashpot is misadjusted/defective or the carbs are dirty.
          For that particular model, what an understatement.

Seems Yam wanted to see how much stuff they could add just for the hellavit.

Comment

Working...
          X