2004 vz260tlrc hpdi flywheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 vz260tlrc hpdi flywheel

I've tried numerous pullers and can not get flywheel to budge. Its like I'm missing removing a bolt or something. Any help please. Need to check pulsar coil....

That's a 2004 vz250tlrc not a 260...sorry

Comment

you can easily test the pulser coil output with YDIS or a simple multi meter.
      why do you suspect the pulser coils?

Comment

Engine ramandonly fires on 1, 3 and 5 cylinder until reaching 3000 rpm the fires steady. Checked wire and the check good. Put a new ecu in and problem still there.

Comment

did you check the shift position switch for proper operation?
          you can test the pulser coil output with a voltmeter.
          no need to remove the flywheel.

if the ECU "thinks" it is in N it shuts off 4 cylinders.

Comment

it will also cut cylinders if the shift cut switch is activated.

Comment

If the shift position switch is faulty it tells ecu neutral and kills cylinders #2 and #3. Shift cutoff will kill 4 of 6 cyclinders. Neither issue is what I have. I have cyclinders 1, 3 and 5 randomly firing. It makes no sense. I've checked pulsar coil with multimeter checks good but my problem comes and goes... I don't know what else is in system. YDIS shows this happening but says evert hinges is good and doesn't throw codes. That's why I wanted to look at coil for corrosion and may just replace it to see what happens

Comment

if you had a pulser coil failure it will toss a code 13.

the switchs on the other hand are open or closed.
                if one triggers it starts shutting down cylinders.

Comment

But why would it shut it down then allow it to fire 1 second later the shut it down over and over until reaching 3000 rpm then fire fine

Comment

Also I haven't read anything that only effects 1, 3 and 5 cylinders..your thoughts

Comment

but at the same time your telling us you suspect a pulser coil(6 of them) has failed 3 coils at the same time?

the only other thing that will affect a complete bank is the charge coil.
                      that motor uses two charge coils that control each bank lose 1 charge coil lose a bank.

Comment

I haven't heard of a charge cil being on this motor do you happen to have a part number? That would be awesome.

Comment

I also agree the pulsar coil doesn't make sense and it intermittently fail 1,3 and 5..hard to believe it would fail all on 1 bank when it has 6 independent pick ups

Comment

charge coil is part of the stator I think, as I do not see it listed separately.

If you look in the service manual you will find specs for it and the leads to test

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...TOR/parts.html
                            Last edited by 99yam40; 08-02-2016, 10:19 AM.

Comment

HPDI uses a transistorized ignition system. No charge coils.

A Yamaha is not a Yamaha is not a Yamaha.

Comment

Working...
                              X