***HELP! Identify year of 115 decals missing ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason2tpa View Post
    Agreed. Also, highly unlikely the ID plate just falls off after years of engine use. They are pried off for a particular reason...such as theft. Just sayn.
    Yama ha doesn't have plates, they have stickers, like this motor for instance, barnacles all the way up to the transom mount, cooling passages all clogged up, an to clear this up, it's not the whole "sticker" that's missing, just most of it to where I can't see the year except 09/9?

An please I would love to know where the other two I'd stickers are since u mention yamaha has 4 pstephens46?

Cause yamaha only has one small dime size sticker on the top by the flywheel an one on the transom mount, not 4 lol

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
      I agree with two missing decals being improbable. Now if my son inherits my boat at some point, I would certainly expect him to lose the manual. Along with two sets of car keys, phones, sunglasses, shoes, several wallets.....
      But hey if you are in here to simply disagree that I don't have a legit motor then that's fine, that's your opinion but that's not the point of this thread so please take that bs elsewhere, my father is a sheriff, I bought it from a retired sheriff an sale was notarized. See ya

Comment

I note that the carburetor has the numbers 15 after the prefix of 6E5.

A part number 6E5-13301-15-00 was used on a 1996 115 Yamaha.

1996 115TLRU Yamaha Outboard CARBURETOR Diagram and Parts

More than likely this will be the carburetor kit that you need.
        6E5-W0093-09-00 YAMAHA CARBURETOR REPAIR KI

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

This site is saying it's a 1999 cause of a 6E515...

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...s-th21081.html

Comment

Originally posted by Cheeva316 View Post
            But hey if you are in here to simply disagree that I don't have a legit motor then that's fine, that's your opinion but that's not the point of this thread so please take that bs elsewhere, my father is a sheriff, I bought it from a retired sheriff an sale was notarized. See ya
            Well then you have a lead to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

You said 1996 in your reply an posted link for 96 diagram but that repair kit link is for a 97-98, an after close examination I believe , we'll my carbs at least to be a 96-97, I looked through all 90-97 115 repair kits to close detail of the float bowl gasket an believe it's got to be a 97+

Comment

Here is my flotbowl design
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zenoahphobic View Post
                  Well then you have a lead to follow.
                  Lead of what?

Comment

Originally posted by Cheeva316 View Post
                    Lead of what?
                    The previous owner and presumably registration papers identifying the engine.

Comment

We don't register engines here in fl.

Comment

motors should have a production date sticker on one side of bracket and the model# and serial # sticker of the other side of bracket. then there is the round one next to starter.
                        That is all I have heard of.

Finding model # from parts that could have been replaced some where down the road is iffy, but may be all you have.

That other thread you showed about 1999, may give you a clue to look at service manuals to see if they list number from carbs.

Seems I read where some motors had dates imprinted on plug wires, but do not remember which motors had that.
                        may not have been Yamaha or even outboards.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                          motors should have a production date sticker on one side of bracket and the model# and serial # sticker of the other side of bracket. then there is the round one next to starter.
                          That is all I have heard of.

Finding model # from parts that could have been replaced some where down the road is iffy, but may be all you have.

That other thread you showed about 1999, may give you a clue to look at service manuals to see if they list number from carbs.

Seems I read where some motors had dates imprinted on plug wires, but do not remember which motors had that.
                          may not have been Yamaha or even outboards.
                          That's also what I need is a service manuals but can't afford to buy a few different service manuals to determini which mine is.

Comment

Yamaha has three 115 carb kits. Two are for 6E5 carburetors. The two kits are somewhat similar.
                            See below. Not sure if this helps or not.

Comment

Yes pretty sure it to be the 96+ kit in the pic. I'm going to attach a pic of the float bowl off an as seen the wrong gasket is installed as of now cause it slightly covers the two holes top-middle an the side tabs on the body of the carb are not covered with current gasket.
                              I attached a screen shot of which I believe is the correct gasket for 96-
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Cheeva316; 07-30-2016, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X