X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
    now you have hurt my feelings
    where are the pics
    You know, I've never heard of engine parts as "pot ot starboard" either? Maybe some "square grouper" involved. Ha Ha!

Be cool, you'll get some good information from this forum. We'll help get your problem solved.

Thanks for your questions!
    Chuck,
    1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      now you have hurt my feelings
      where are the pics?
      And answer Rodbolt17's question.
      he is one that has a good chance of identifying what that small black cylinder thing is.

I thought that some pistons and other parts were different on which side on V block motors and listed them in diagrams as port and starboard, but I may be way off base
      Where are the pics and answer to Rodbolt's questions?
      Chuck,

Comment

Originally posted by cpostis View Post
        Attached is wiring diagram for 70hp. I think someone has "rigged" this wiring. I do not see "small black cylinder" as you describe it in this diagram. Could that be a "power trim/tilt relay" that someone has put in the wrong place? Follow the wiring to a "T", correct as necessary, and see if that solves your problem.
        Ok, no pics!~ I'll guess what you have, assuming this wiring has been rigged. Take a look at the pics and see if the first one looks something like your "small black cylinder". The second pic is what you should have. Note: someone may have installed an aftermarket or other manufacturer's part (thus different wire colors/connections) to get something to work half-donkeyed. The third attachment is from a non-Yamaha general service manual.
        Here 'ya go...
        Last edited by cpostis; 07-30-2016, 04:13 PM.
        Chuck,

Comment

Apparently has left the premises...

Comment

Not could never figure out how to get pic loaded up but no need now , think I figured out the alarm issue. I traced all alarm and ground wires looking for a short or loose connection and found none. So I started back at my first guess the oil sending unit. Removed the unit and noticed I could get the alarm to stop sometimes by moving the floats in different locations , I then pull the half moon snap ring off the shaft which allowed the lower float to go to the top of sending unit shaft.reinstalled unit and alarm never came on and motor fired right up . I'm guessing Yamaha sends the new part that way but I had no idea u have to remove the snap ring. Hope this will save someone the frustration I had. But it does feel good to figure out a problem

Comment

I guess we will never know what that black cylinder thing is

hope you removed and replaced the seal when pulling the level.

I would test the alarm by draining oil with key on just to make sure if sounds when it should

Comment

Working...
              X