f250tur water pressure sensor installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f250tur water pressure sensor installation

Moving right along with the new used motors, I decided to install the water pressure sensor and am having a bit of trouble, yes I cleaned the elbow's in the block, they were packed full of salt and sand, I verified water pressure at the sensor but I get no reading on the garmin gauge and nothing showing on the command link gauge for water pressure,, I have the nmea gateway to my garmin, Is there something I need to turn on in the multifunction gauge or should it automatically show water pressure when the sensor is plugged in?

on the muffs your not going to see pressure.
    on the command link you have to select the correct display screen.
    don't know on the garmin.

Comment

I'm assuming that you are already seeing the other engine parameters on the Garmin MFD, it just isn't now showing the water pressure as well?

Depending on which model Garmin - and the software version it has -

you likely need to either

- re-select "autoconfigure" on the "Engine" page

or

- "edit" your gauge page or overlay: for a gauge or data box,

select under "Engine" parameters, "cooling water pressure"

(or words like that - I don't recall the exact label)

Comment

Thanks guys, I tested it running in a barrel of water, I never can find decent muffs that fit well, my garmin is the 7612, I have the water pressure gauges selected and they appear on my display but I just don't get a reading, 0 psi. I am wondering if the sensor is bad by chance, on the command link I push the mode button and it will scroll through volts, temp, and oil pressure but no water pressure, I just printed out the command link instruction manual to read it, damn, 65 pages to learn how to use your gauges?

Comment

that's about right at idle.
          there simply isn't much water pressure.
          the sensor is not that sensitive either.

Comment

Originally posted by formula29 View Post
            my garmin is the 7612, I have the water pressure gauges selected and they appear on my display but I just don't get a reading, 0 psi.
            Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
            that's about right at idle.
            there simply isn't much water pressure.
            the sensor is not that sensitive either.
            Ahhh. If you have the Garmin set up to display a "virtual gauge" -

AND the gauge is showing a "red needle" -

that indicates that Garmin is "seeing" the NMEA 2000 PGN from the engine - but at a value of zero.

I can't help with the Command Link instrument.

Comment

Ok, so I got to put the boat in the water today and still had no pressure reading with the garmin or command link, I have not messed with the command link gauge to find the settings, while playing with the garmin I turned on the coolant pressure gauge and it was reading 16 psi at cruise, I don't know why water pressure doesn't work but coolant pressure does so I'm happy with that,

Comment

mostly because the coolant is WATER.
                that is why some say water pressure others say coolant pressure.
                either way it is normal to see a 0 value at idle on that motor.

Comment

Working...
                X