2002 DX150TLRA OX66 Pulser coil peak voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 DX150TLRA OX66 Pulser coil peak voltage

I checked the voltage on the pulser coils the manual says 16v min. at 1500 rpm. They have 17 volts. What is the typical voltage on the pulser coils? Should the voltage be higher? With only 17 volts are the about to fail?
    Thanks

All you need to do is to ensure the specifications are met. If so, you are good. If not, troubleshooting is needed.

The coil is just creating a reference voltage that the engine computer can use to set the timing and fuel injection.

Is there a problem with the motor?

Pulser Coil
    The EFI motors have six pulser coils spaced 60° apart. A magnet at the inner circumference of the flywheel induces an AC voltage inside the pulser coil. When the gap between the North and South poles of the magnet pass by the pulser coil, a signal is sent to the ECU. This signal is processed for ignition timing and fuel injector timing. The #1 pulser coil signal fires the #1 spark plug and activates the #2 fuel injector. If the #1 pulser coil fails, the ECU adjusts internally so only one cylinder is lost. Spark will be lost at the #1 cylinder and the fuel will go to group injection to all six cylinders. The microcomputer will default to a bypass mode and timing will be fixed at 7° BTDC.

Comment

Thanks,
      I don't have a pulser coil issue right now? I just wanted to know what the normal voltage was? What do you normally see? Its so close to the min. that I thought it is about to fail.
      I do have a slight idle issue. The idle speed is not stable. When I shut down for about an hour and restart it will idle slower than normal. Throttle it up and then it will return to normal idle speed. I did find the IATS out of spec it read 2.5 @68 degrees. Manual specs 3.4 - 5.3v @ 68 degrees. All other sensors are within specs.

Comment

Working...
      X