Obsolete part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obsolete part

I figured out a motor issue I was having and now have to locate a new wire harness for a 1991 v200. Model number 200txrp. I know I can buy used but then don't wanna chance it with a new to me broken wire harness. Does anyone know where a new one may be laying around?

Good luck finding a new old stock harness. This is not the sort of part that anyone (except Yamaha) would have in stock. Usually bought only if and as needed. Going to be a tough find I would think.

Here is a used one for just 72 bucks. Says it has a 30 day return policy. Should not take more than 15 pins or so to do a continuity check for the wires. Coming out of California where stuff does not corrode while you are watching it.

6R3 82590 12 00 Wire Harness Assembly 1991 Yamaha 200HP Model P200TLRP | eBay

Comment

Are you still having oil transfer issues?

Comment

The issue was a bad wire harness some place. I wasn't getting the needed volts. Removed harness and swapped out with the harness on the port side motor and alarms stopped and got correct volts where i needed. Took the bad harness and hooked it up to the port side motor and showed same issues with volts and alarms. So a short in the harness someplace i tried cleaning all plugs and using dielectric grease and wasn't helping.

Comment

I can't imagine the harness plug is specific to that model. Can you pull it and compare to current offerings? Can you swap the connection on the outboard to accommodate a newer style that will keep you in business thereafter?

Comment

it'd be a PIA, but if you could lay out the old harness on a table, find which specific wire(if possible is bad), then gently cut apart the loom following/ testing as you go along.

Likely, one internal short inside the wire jacket..

I'm thinking like a sheet of plywood, stretching it out, labeling, then methodically going thru it...

Once found re-tape like stock.

Just a thought...
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

shorts are easy to find. look for the burned spot or where the smoke is coming from.
              opens are a bit more difficult.
              you most likely have a failed splice.

you don't need a new harness simply find and repair the bad splice or broken wire.
              remember a used harness will be about the same age as yours.

the splices are shown on the harness diagram.

Comment

Just in case you decide to buy a new harness, here is a link to a better price than Yamaha.

\ELECTRIC PARTS 2 - Yamaha Outboards - Yamaha Outboard Marine Parts - Yamaha 6R3-82590-12-00 - WIRE HARNESS ASSEMBLY

I would try to fix what you have first.

Good luck!
                Chuck,
                1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Originally posted by cpostis View Post
                  Just in case you decide to buy a new harness, here is a link to a better price than Yamaha.

\ELECTRIC PARTS 2 - Yamaha Outboards - Yamaha Outboard Marine Parts - Yamaha 6R3-82590-12-00 - WIRE HARNESS ASSEMBLY

I would try to fix what you have first.

Good luck!
                  That is a great price for an unobtanium part.

But I agree with you. First try and fix the broken part.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                    That is a great price for an unobtanium part.

But I agree with you. First try and fix the broken part.
                    This place is great with getting difficult parts. They also have a great machine shop.
                    Chuck,
                    1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Working...
                    X