Power Trim Problem F100TLRX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Trim Problem F100TLRX

I lifted my motor at the lake today and it was stuck in the up position. I figured out how to lower it manually (bleed screw on the side of the trim housing). I checked the fluid level , which was fine but the problem still persists. The motor raises and lowers good without hesitation , but if the ram tops out it will not lower even though the trim motor seems to be working fine.. Any suggestions for a fix would be greatly appreciated. Thx

Had same issue and thought my fluid level was fine. I do have a small leak. I took a squeeze bottle and blasted fluid into that tank and then quickly put cap on. Ran it up and down, Did it once again and it works fine. I will have to address leak at some point or I will have to continue this from time to time.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I can see no signs of any leaks and the oil is topped up, any other possible suggestions?

Comment

You are checking the level with the engine set on the "mechanical arm" correct?

And is the electric motor operating, just no movement of the engine?
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Yes, engine is set on the mechanical arm which would put the ram in a near vertical position and the electric motor is running with the switch in a up or down position

Comment

I suspect it has to be in the hydraulic unit itself.

Someone else will have to chime in for further...
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thanks for the replies, i will dig into it after our fishing season is over

Comment

Working...
              X