Insane engine 2001 250hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insane engine 2001 250hp

Hello. I recently purchased a 26ft open fisherman that has a 2001 Yamaha Saltwater series 2 250hp engine. Here is the problem: My engine works perfectly outside of the water 110%. In the water it likes to bounce rpms (750-1500 RPMS) mostly when I am past 2500rpm. I can slam the gas to full throttle and 6 seconds later the engine either dies or sputters and I quickly have to pull back the throttle to keep it form dying. I cannot accelerate past 2800-3500 or it will die. from 1k-2500 rpm there is a dead point that I cannot keep the throttle there or it will die. I can max the throttle and the engine will not go past 2800-3500 rpms but outside the water it will go full rpm which I think is like 6k rpm. Here is what I have done trying to fix the issue. Brand new vst unit. New fuel lines with no anti siphon valve. Cleaned the o2 sensor. new plugs, Injectors work fine and cleaned their filters and the injectors them self. Throttle position sensor has been adjusted properly. Fuel feed valve near filter changed. New temp sensor. I have a feeling this has something to do with the computer killing my engine when ever it likes. I am had enough of this engine and am going to take it to a dealer to run it through a computer. What the heck is wrong with my engine?

I also replaced all 3 low psi fuel pumps.

Comment

Not much advice can be provided without the complete model identity.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        Not much advice can be provided without the complete model identity.
        2001 Yamaha Saltwater series 2, 2 stroke EFI, 250 HP

Comment

There should be a 4 letter model # on the bracket, after the 200HP, that's what they need...

IE: 2001 LX250TXRZ
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

maybe it is a SX250TXRZ

Comment

The engine data tag is long gone. All I have is the previosly posted date.

Comment

Working...
              X