How to adjust oil pump on a 2005 90hp 2 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to adjust oil pump on a 2005 90hp 2 stroke

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone knows how to adjust the oil pump on a 2005 90hp 2 stroke. The motor doesn't smoke at all and I'm concerned that it isn't getting enough oil. Any information would be great thanks

You might try putting a piece of tape on the oil tank level and run it seeing if the level goes down...

You may also run a pre-mix in the mean time (with the injection), just in case it isn't operating/clogged, etc.

As for the specific adjustment, IDK. Either in the shop manual or someone else will chime in...

Your oil tank / pump:
    http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...UMP/parts.html
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 07-15-2016, 11:56 AM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Open the throttle to the wide open position.

Adjust the oil pump link rod so that the oil pump arm is 1 mm from its stopper.

Tighten the link rod jam nut.

Comment

Oil pump

Thanks for the ideas guys, I checked the linkage on the oil pump and it is definitely using oil because I regularly have to add oil. My concern is that it is not getting enough oil simply because it doesn't hardly smoke at all. I have a 115 v4 2 stroke same year I bought new with way less hours and it smokes a lot more. The 90 I bought used and I know it has had a much tougher life and doesn't smoke. I was just wondering if the oil pump should be turned up if that's possible. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
        X