No announcement yet.

Mission for fairdeal; should he choose to accept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To put a clear hose with just the threaded VST wouldn't be hard to do.

Get a bolt with the same threads as the drain screw.

Drill a hole thru the middle of the bolt and cut off the head of the bolt.

Slip your clear hose over this modified bolt and thread into the VST, done...
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

why bother.
      keep it clean and do the maint.

the F150 fuel system is proven and needs no further engineering.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
        why bother.
        keep it clean and do the maint.

the F150 fuel system is proven and needs no further engineering.
        Agreed, BUT Boscoe wanted to experiment and see fuel levels for S&G's for the F225 (his first post on this thread).....

Nothing to do with the F150
        Scott

Comment

like I say, why bother?
          the system on all but maybe the F40(early) was designed well and work well.

simply maintain it keep it clean and go play.
          easiest way I know to find out how much fuel it holds?
          remove it,fill it with a remote tank, open it up and dump the contents.

cleaning the VST is a part of the recommended maint procedures.
          like water pumps, no one does it till it gives a problem then they whine.

autos have their EFI/injector issues as well.
          that is why Snap-On (and a few others) make injector cleaners that supposedly clean injectors in place.

other than a mini gas tank on the motor(VST) and a lack of O2 sensors and catalyst there is not a lot of difference between the speed density EFI that Yamaha uses and the speed density system most autos used.

but cats on outboards are coming in the next 2 years.
          ALL inboard/sterndrive gas product now have cats .
          when I do a repower I have to state why I cannot use a catalyst motor, usually cause it wont fit the box.
          but that will change as they simply phase out the non cat engines.

Comment

Many have concerns about Trump but he is the ONLY thing that might slow the EPA down....not to mention Supreme Court....

Now about this VST....think Boscoe is looking at a way to monitor fuel level while operating. Not sure how vibration may affect the visual on this but I bet Fairdeal will let us know. Anybody know of a good video showing tear down to service this unit? I found one once on the F115 but I have F150. Are they close enough? Another cold weather job I would imagine. Townsend, believe you have not touched yours as well?

Comment

it is easy to monitor the level.
              if rail pressure drops either the pump quit or the VST fuel level is low or the filter is clogged.

doing the F150 VST takes about 1.5-2 hours.

it is simply unclipping wires and unbolting the intake.

if you ever get a bad HP pump, cut it open and observe the fuel flow path.
              will scare ya.
              but that is where some of the debris comes from, it is simply dust from the electric motor brush's.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                Townsend, believe you have not touched yours as well?
                The VST filter was checked once, under warranty way back due to the low idle issue. The inept mechanic's replaced the entire TB assembly.

Other than that, I drain it occasionally (maybe 2x a year) and now, fuel draining is pretty much spotless / no debris.

The engine has just over 200 hours on it..
                Scott

Comment

dog it till its dead.
                  whine about it.
                  do the maint and it never fails.

what part about a blow through electric motor that the gasoline flows across the armature and brushs are we having an issue with ?????

as the brushs wear the brush dust is taken and returned to the injector filters and the VST.

DC electric motor brushs wear,,,, do you agree with that statement??????

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                    dog it till its dead.
                    whine about it.
                    do the maint and it never fails.

what part about a blow through electric motor that the gasoline flows across the armature and brushs are we having an issue with ?????

as the brushs wear the brush dust is taken and returned to the injector filters and the VST.

DC electric motor brushs wear,,,, do you agree with that statement??????
                    I believe you! Absolutely! I am third owner of F150, 470 hours and I guarantee this VST has never been touched. Planning to tackle it this fall.

Talking about neglect, you should see some of these boat trailers dragging around here, wonder nobody been killed...

Comment

Working...
                    X