115 hp 4 stroke power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 115 hp 4 stroke power

I have a 115 hp 4 stroke fuel injected 2006 outboard and it will not develope any power. It idles fine and in neutral it revs up fine as well with the muffs on it also revs up fine in drive out of the water but in the water it's got nothing. I have pulled the VST out and cleaned up the filter to the fuel pump as well changed the other fuel filters. There was some crud in the VST. I have changed all of the spark plugs and ran it from an external fuel tank with the same results. The fuel bulb was changed and the injectors were cleaned. One thing that puzzles me is that the electronic fuel pump needs 44 PSI but there is no tube clamp on the pump nozzle to make sure that there is 44 psi at the injectors. It seams to me that the injection pump discharge could leak back to the VST. I have not checked the fuel pressure yet and is next on my list. Is there anything else I can try?
    Joe

You need to do some more basic trouble shooting, also revving it in neutral and in gear out of the water proves nothing, as you have found out.

Comment

Crud in VST prob means crud elsewhere....

Comment

Curious about fuel in Australia? Is marine non ethanol available? Or is the US the only country with a retarded EPA with ethanol mandates?

Comment

Fuel

I am in Canada and I used regular fuel instead of premium and also I did not put a fuel stabilizer in the tank when setting it up for the winter. Mistakes I will not repeat. Where else would the Crud settle?

Comment

So is Canadian fuel ethanol (contains alcohol)? I fear your lawmakers may have been swayed by the same liberal nonsense that we suffer day in and out....

Comment

Lets see what the pros have to say about cleaning your fuel tank, etc. I assume you have a fuel water separator in addition to the engine mounted fuel filter? I usually dump mine into a glass jar after changing just to see what may be in my fuel tank. Never found any water, just a little particulate matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Joem44260 View Post
                I have a 115 hp 4 stroke fuel injected 2006 outboard and it will not develope any power. It idles fine and in neutral it revs up fine as well with the muffs on it also revs up fine in drive out of the water but in the water it's got nothing. I have pulled the VST out and cleaned up the filter to the fuel pump as well changed the other fuel filters. There was some crud in the VST. I have changed all of the spark plugs and ran it from an external fuel tank with the same results. The fuel bulb was changed and the injectors were cleaned. One thing that puzzles me is that the electronic fuel pump needs 44 PSI but there is no tube clamp on the pump nozzle to make sure that there is 44 psi at the injectors. It seams to me that the injection pump discharge could leak back to the VST. I have not checked the fuel pressure yet and is next on my list. Is there anything else I can try?
                Joe
                The fuel pump creates fuel pressure. Pressure is measured at the fuel rail on this model. Install a fuel pressure gauge on the Schrader fitting to measure fuel pressure at all RPM's.

Fuel pressure will be approximately 36 psi at idle and will increase as the throttle is advanced as power is applied.

Revving a motor in neutral or on the flush muffs proves or disproves absolutely nothing. It is completely meaningless to do this.

Comment

Fuel

Checked the fuel pressure today and there was 38 psi at idle and 42 psi at 3500 Rpm with the muffs on. There is also some vibration at low rpm. It did not start very well either.

Comment

Working...
                  X