2005 F250 bogs down at high RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 F250 bogs down at high RPM

My F250 TURD loses power at high RPM. When I say high, I mean anything over 4600 RPM. It will run for about 1/4 to 1/2 mile then start choking out. Feels like fuel related, but I just did a 100hr service on it which included separator as well as filter on the engine. Fuel in the tank is non-ethanol and put in within last couple weeks. All new spark plugs, yada yada.

I can run all day long at 4100-4300 RPM with no problems.

Engine has 1600+ HRS and still very clean.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Mark

monitor fuel pressures to see if they are dropping when problem shows up

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      monitor fuel pressures to see if they are dropping when problem shows up
      How does one do that? Is there a gauge kit to buy and where to hook it up?

Sorry, not a technician.

Comment

I had the exact symptoms on my 06 f250. You said you changed the filter on the engine. I am assuming this was the primary filter located on the front of the engine. Did you replace the filter inside the VST and the F filter on the outside of the VST. These are well known for causing this problem. You have to remove the starboard intake plenum to gain access to the VST. It looks like a big project but it's pretty straight forward and should take less than 2 hours.

Comment

Remove the vst filter .Its said you can clean them but I just replaced mine, cleaned it and keep it as a back up. I cleaned everything . There is also a float in there which regulates the flow of fuel into the tank. I cleaned that also making sure it moved freely opening and closing.

Comment

Port intake not starboard

Comment

Working...
            X