Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1996 S225 2 stroke, no spark, won't start, help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 S225 2 stroke, no spark, won't start, help?

Hello, I have a 1996 S225 2 stroke TXRU that ran fine last week. Now it won't start. I checked the fuel and it's all good. Pulled 2 plugs and the plugs are wet. It turns over great but there is no spark at the the plug.

Any suggestions on what to check next would be a real help?

did you make sure the kill switch clip was in place?

Comment

what type of spark tester did you use to verify loss of spark to all 6?

Comment

No Spark won't start

Yes I have the clip in the cut off switch.

To test the spark at the plug. I wrapped a ground wire around threads on the plug and place the other end of the wire on the grounded bolt while my buddy turned over the engine. I only tested two plugs, one from each side, and the plugs were wet when I took them out. I did not see any spark.

Comment

more problems with my 1996 225 hp 2 stroke

Hi I got a mechanic to check out my starting problem and he said it ran great and to use it.
          So I took it out fishing for the day and ran 40 mins south of our harbor and started fishing. When we decided to head home it started up but die than start and die when I tried putting it in gear. After many tries I got to say running and headed home. After 15 minutes the warning alarm started sounding so I shut it down and check the gas, the oil, and the water flow out the back. It all check out so we waited another 20 minutes and when I started it the alarm warning kept sounding . We kept trying other things and checked the pick up to see if anything got stuck to it or blocked it and noting had so I called for a tow in.
          Now I'm wondering if there is any advice you can give me to fix this problem or at east narrow it down. The mechanics in our area are booked solid because the weather has been great and the fishings even better.

Comment

what did your gauges tell you when the alarm sounded?
            did it drop your RPMs when it 1st came on?

Comment

post the full model number.
              in 1996 the 225 was made in both a 2.6L and a 3.1.
              both had vastly different ign and fuel systems.

Comment

Working...
              X