F225 Longevity post-dry corrosion repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 Longevity post-dry corrosion repair

I know the topic of dry corrosion has been visited ad-nauseam over the past few years. After successfully repairing a breach in the block of my TXRB (near the thermostat), I was informed that both engines now have dry corrosion. My question goes out to those that have had the repair done and if it extended the life of the engine sufficiently to warrant the cost of the repair. My engines (2003) have 1150 hours on them and perform like the day i purchased them (except they now overheat at low rpm). Thanks to all for your consideration and responses.

Originally posted by capnkingfish View Post
    My question goes out to those that have had the repair done and if it extended the life of the engine sufficiently to warrant the cost of the repair. My engines (2003) have 1150 hours on them and perform like the day i purchased them (except they now overheat at low rpm). Thanks to all for your consideration and responses.
    hmmm. Well, I would say the new exhaust parts themselves will likely last at least as long, or longer, than any other part of the engine. Yamaha seems to have "solved" that coating problem.

I did the work myself, and found it interesting and enjoyable. So, for only ~$700 for parts on an otherwise excellent engine (mine was a TXRD at 1,000 hrs) is was a "no brainer".

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
      hmmm. Well, I would say the new exhaust parts themselves will likely last at least as long, or longer, than any other part of the engine. Yamaha seems to have "solved" that coating problem.

I did the work myself, and found it interesting and enjoyable. So, for only ~$700 for parts on an otherwise excellent engine (mine was a TXRD at 1,000 hrs) is was a "no brainer".
      ***, you found the work enjoyable?? I like to work on things and I too am interested in learning my way around my engines but I cant say doing the exhaust change out is enjoyable, except for the fact that I know it will be fresh, I just pulled the powerhead off one of my 2007 f250's to find the exhaust tube rotting away, only one of the four sides, now while its apart I have to replace the lower motor mounts and bolts that were half rotted away, and I still have one more motor to do.

Comment

that should keep you out of the beer joints (and trouble) for awhile

Comment

Working...
        X