2004 hpdi's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 hpdi's

I am putting a pair of Yamaha 2004 200 hpdi's on my boat and have 1991 Yamaha guages. My question is do I have to purchase new guages or will I be able to use my existing?
    Thanks
    Mike

You should be able to use the gauges that you have. Adapter harnesses will be needed at the motor.

Comment

Thank you.
      My marina mechanic had said everything from the guages to the harnesses would have to be changed. If I take the harnesses from the new motors would that work?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishchaser28 View Post
        Thank you.
        My marina mechanic had said everything from the guages to the harnesses would have to be changed. If I take the harnesses from the new motors would that work?
        If your mechanic had already advised you on this situation why did you ask here?

Do you have the harnesses from the new motor available for inspection? Do they have square or round connectors on them? Now look at the connectors that are attached to the tachometer. Are they square or round?

If one is round and one is square how is it proposed to connect the two together?

Comment

The reason that I asked here is because I don't trust my marina mechanic they have been giving me the run around for the last few months. Unfortunately I am stuck there for this year because my dockage has been paid and no outside mechanics are allowed on the property. I just wanted to make sure they weren't trying to get over on extra hours of labor.
          I appreciate your time and responses. I am going to look at both guages today and compare.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fishchaser28 View Post
              The reason that I asked here is because I don't trust my marina mechanic they have been giving me the run around for the last few months. Unfortunately I am stuck there for this year because my dockage has been paid and no outside mechanics are allowed on the property. I just wanted to make sure they weren't trying to get over on extra hours of labor.
              I appreciate your time and responses. I am going to look at both guages today and compare.
              "don't allow outside mechanics" is a very good reason for you to question and seek second opinion. Get your boat out of there as from where I come from this is restrictive trade practice and probably against the law.

Comment

Working...
              X