2002 F115TLRA Electrical Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 F115TLRA Electrical Question

I've been chasing down an electrical problem in my boat because one of my batteries is losing its charge even with the battery switch turned off. I think I have the problem licked, but when I was trouble shooting I discovered that my main engine (F115) is drawing current when the battery switch is turned on, but the key is not in the ignition. When I turn the switch off the draw stops. The engine runs fine so it doesn't seem to be a problem, but I am not sure if this is normal. I thought I would asked here before digging into any further. Any thoughts?

James

It is completely normal for some motors to draw a small amount of current even if the key is in the off position. Apparently your model is one of them.

I have seen information in service manuals and owner's manuals that say not to be concerned about the presence of a brief spark if and when connecting the battery cables. Just the nature of the beast.

Comment

Try this, If you have a significant drain you may wish to further diagnose. Car Battery dram test - Bing video
      Chuck,
      1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

James

Comment

Working...
        X