Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha F6amh 4stroke 6hp to 8hp?

Hi all!

Does anyone know is the main difference between 6hp and 8hp Yamaha is only the carburettor? Did anyone already deal with this upgrade?

Thanks!

No comment.

Comment

I have not read anything about the differences on this, so no comment also.

Have you thought about looking up all of the part numbers on them and comparing them on the 2 motors. that should tell you something if they use different parts

Comment

Don't recall anything on 6-8hp. But in case anyone is interested, here's a vid on converting a F50 to 60HP. Just saw the vid, true or not I don't know. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpL_9NlVfHU
        Chuck,
        1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Originally posted by cpostis View Post
          Don't recall anything on 6-8hp. But in case anyone is interested, here's a vid on converting a F50 to 60HP. Just saw the vid, true or not I don't know. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpL_9NlVfHU
          If it is on the inner web it has to be true.

They can't put anything on the inner web that is not true.

I read this on the inner web.

Comment

I did compare, and I think the difference is the carburettor. F6 has top end stop, so cant pull full throttle. I think this is it, but maybe someone can confirm

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
            I have not read anything about the differences on this, so no comment also.

Have you thought about looking up all of the part numbers on them and comparing them on the 2 motors. that should tell you something if they use different parts

Comment

Working...
            X