Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim

Can someone point me in the right direction, I have a 2002 Yamaha 4 stroke engine that had all the controls wires gone, I have figured out all of the wires except for the trim wire, Don't know witch wire color is coming out of the engine harness..
    Many Thanks in advanced...

Comment

sorry for not been so clear, I need to know what wire connects to the trim gauge..
      2002 Yamaha four stroke..

Comment

I don't understand what you mean by "coming out of the engine harness".

The main engine harness does not contain the wire that conveys trim information. There is an optional trim/oil harness that may be used. That harness connects directly to some Yamaha tachometer and with other Yamaha tachometers the trim wire jumpers to a Yamaha trim gauge.

The wire colour is usually pink.

Comment

It has to come out of the engine harness, since that's the only wires that connect to the gauges, I connected the pink to the alarm, dark green to my tach, So I'm confused...
          Or just tell me how do I hook up the trim gauge?
          It has two wires coming out of the sensor on the trim engine. ( not from relay )
          And the trim guage has only one connection.
          Many Thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by ricktrevi View Post
            It has to come out of the engine harness, since that's the only wires that connect to the gauges, I connected the pink to the alarm, dark green to my tach, So I'm confused...
            Or just tell me how do I hook up the trim gauge?
            It has two wires coming out of the sensor on the trim engine. ( not from relay )
            And the trim guage has only one connection.
            Many Thanks..
            I seem to be having a difficult time understanding words and phrases over the last few days. My apologies.

There is the engine harness. Wrapped around the motor.

There is the main ten pin harness. Runs from the motor to the control box/switch panel.

There is the trim/oil harness. Runs from the motor to Yamaha gauges.

There is the trim sender harness which is actually the leads from the trim sender. Two wires. Runs from the sender to the main engine harness.

Comment

Seems to me, from Boscoe's diagram, you are looking at the trim and oil harness. The trim sender does not connect to the main harness. You did say you had "all the control wires gone". Therefore you are missing the trim and oil harness. The sender is to connect to the trim and oil harness, then the black and pink wire from the harness goes to a connector to the trim gauge, the pink wire connection remains pink. The black wire changes to black w/white stripe.

Hope this does not further confuse you, and does help. Good luck.
              Chuck,
              1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Working...
              X