Yam 150 oil tank from aux to main

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yam 150 oil tank from aux to main

I have direct wired the pump from the aux tank and it purrs. I have checked all other moving parts for cleanliness and ease of movement. Continuity check on the wires leading to the emergency toggle and they check out. Unable to check the toggle itself as it is a sealed unit. With key on and all back in place I do not hear a purr from the pump.
    Any ideas?

The toggle switch is a simple open or closed device. Spring loaded in the open position. With the toggle pressed the switch closes. If not pressed the switch is open. Should be easy to test with a multi-meter right at the connectors attached to the switch. Blue and black leads.

If the switch is tested and found to be in good condition, is there a ground applied to the blue lead when the switch is closed? If there is no ground then check the wiring from the switch back to the block.

The pump motor in the remote tank has 12 volts applied to it when the key is on? Have you checked it to see if this is the case?

The toggle switch, when closed, applies the ground to make the pump run.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      The toggle switch is a simple open or closed device. Spring loaded in the open position. With the toggle pressed the switch closes. If not pressed the switch is open. Should be easy to test with a multi-meter right at the connectors attached to the switch. Blue and black leads.

If the switch is tested and found to be in good condition, is there a ground applied to the blue lead when the switch is closed? If there is no ground then check the wiring from the switch back to the block.

The pump motor in the remote tank has 12 volts applied to it when the key is on? Have you checked it to see if this is the case?

The toggle switch, when closed, applies the ground to make the pump run.
      I would check for 12V+ at the pump 1st.
      if not there chase that , if it is there then case the ground side

Comment

Working...
      X