1992 220hp Yamaha fuel issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 220hp Yamaha fuel issue

Ran great the first time out. Now it didn't start and appears to not be getting gas. No fuel in lines. I looked but didn't find any leaks in fuel line.

Fuel pumps changed 6 years ago. Would they just stop working? Motor run perfectly previous time out.

Hi,

When was the last time that you changed the fuel hose? Often the hand pump bulb and fuel hose break down in the sun, and deteriorate. They develope minor cracks that can suck air and prevent proper fuel flow. Inspect it, and in my opinion if you cannot remember the last time it was changed, replace it.

Comment

Mick did you check the Racor filter? No fuel in the fuel lines means there's a blockage prior to the line, which is hopefully just the Racor fuel/water separator filter. If its not that then it could be the anti-syphon valve stuck closed (if there's one on the tank outlet...). You can remove the anti-syphon valve and just attach the fuel hose to the tank without it and see if that helps.

Mike

Comment

It's a 200hp. The fuel hose is mostly under cover. It's a MasterCraft Barefoot 200, so fuel pump is behind ski storage out of sunlight. Hoses looked good. I replaced the fuel filter/water separator, as it it hasn't been changed for some time, but no help. The boat was only used twice last summer. I didn't find an anti-syphon value. Fuel pick-up in tank looked ok.

When I hand pump, it seems to push gas up, but back when I let go.

Comment

sounds like your pump ball is not holding the fuel from siphoning back , i always install them with the flow vertically to delete that issue from happening.

Comment

Working...
          X