Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are These 2 Digital Tachs Interchangeable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are These 2 Digital Tachs Interchangeable?

'98 S115TLRW

My current tach is the first pic. Time to replace. Can I upgrade to the tach with MODE & SET buttons (6Y5-8350T-83-00). This tach is the 2nd pic. Many thanks.
    Last edited by Jason2tpa; 08-14-2016, 03:08 PM.
    Jason
    1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Originally posted by Jason2tpa View Post
    '98 S115TLRW

My current tach is the first pic. Time to replace. Can I upgrade to the tach with MODE & SET buttons (6Y5-8350T-83-00). This tach is the 2nd pic. Many thanks.
    If the tachometer in the second photo is really and truly a -83-00 and has two four pin connectors attached to it then yes it is completely interchangeable with the older tachometer.

The -90 tachometer from the front looks just like the -83 tachometer. The -90 only has one four pin connector.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      If the tachometer in the second photo is really and truly a -83-00 and has two four pin connectors attached to it then yes it is completely interchangeable with the older tachometer.

The -90 tachometer from the front looks just like the -83 tachometer. The -90 only has one four pin connector.
      Boom. You always come through bossman, thanks for heads up. I recon when i start looking to be sure the new tach's wires match up exactly as what the harness accepts: 2 four pin connectors, 1 each of black, yellow, blue, and green.

Here goes another $250 lol. Oh well. If I didn't have a boat id go mental.
      Jason
      1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

Working...
      X