Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha 60HP 4stroke 2005 - flashing code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 60HP 4stroke 2005 - flashing code?

Hello first time to all, and thanks for reading this.

My 2005 60HP 4 stroke (F60CET) is showing a flashing engine light on the dash. Its got to be a code as its 2 consecutive flashes, then a pause, then 8 consecutive flashes.

Is that code # 28 ?

If the answer is 'yes', my workshop manual for this model states that this fault code relates to the neutral switch on the engine, and it does appear to be shot. I could not get a continuity reading on my ohmmeter when the switch lever was in either position, i.e. neutral or in gear.

However, the engine will not start when its in gear (as you'd expect), and does start when in neutral. So...is the switch really U/S ? Or, is it there to do something else ?

Hoping someone can help ? Thank you .

the switch on the engine has noting to do with starting.

it is a POSITION switch.
    it simply tells the ECU if it is in a gear position or not.
    some engine ECU's if it sees a crank signal and an in gear signal may limit RPM.
    some if the ECU never sees the in gear signal may limit RPM.

Comment

also ,the no start in gear switch is in the remote control, in case you are wondering where it is located

I do not know when the switch on motor should close, but if it does not ever close then I would think the ECU will see it not doing what it should some where along the line
      Last edited by 99yam40; 06-19-2016, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Thanks for that information gentlemen, very helpful.

The engine is running well, but I rarely take it to WOT. Usually cruise at 3900-4200 rpm, so maybe I'm not in the zone where the ECU will limit the revs ?

Ive priced a switch in the USA, very scary $ for what it is.

Has anyone had this switch replaced and can perhaps tell me a bit more ?

Comment

Working...
        X