2012 50het

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 50het

Just purchased a multifunctional gauge and wiring harness but the wiring harness and the trim sender both have female connectors on them. Can't find any other plugs similar around the motor.
    Attached Files

That is not the connector to which the trim/oil harness connects.

Keep digging in the engine pan.

Oh, what is the complete model identity. I can't read the label from the photo.

Comment

50het 6h5k l 1031518. The connector on the right hand side goes to the trim sensor. I am guessing there are 2 male connector on the main engine harness somewhere, is there a chance they could have hidden it behind the starter motor bracket. That's where the main harness goes into and other cables come out.

Comment

Hopefully this is clear enough. 10 pin harness, plus 2 other looms coming out. One to the CDI the other to the other plug visible which I believe is the optional trim switch on the motor. There are only a few other cables going to temp sensors etc. no 4 way connectors at all. Could I have a engine harness that is completely missing these plugs.
        Attached Files

Comment

doing some research myself and drawing a wiring diagram I believe I have a engine harness without the correct connectors. 63D-82590-20-00 matches what I have even though this is used on older engines. However 63D-82590-40-00 does have the correct connectors needed.

Any ideas on modifications I can do without having to purchase a new engine wiring harness.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

Taken it to the local Yamaha dealer and it has them puzzled aswell. Contacting Yamaha Australia for some help. If anyone has any ideas it would be very welcome.
            Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Rickras85 View Post
              Hopefully this is clear enough. 10 pin harness, plus 2 other looms coming out. One to the CDI the other to the other plug visible which I believe is the optional trim switch on the motor. There are only a few other cables going to temp sensors etc. no 4 way connectors at all. Could I have a engine harness that is completely missing these plugs.
              In this photo it looks as if the ten pin harness connector is at the back of the motor. Is that correct? Normally it is at the front.

Is the motor a premix model with no oil injection system?

Does the motor have a trim and tilt mechanism? I can't see?

Perhaps the motor was designed to be used with only a plain tachometer. The tachometer signal would be in the ten pin harness. If no trim/tilt system, if no oil injection system then the only warning would be for over temperature. In which can the alarm would sound and you would know that it is over temping because that is all that it can be.

I remain, baffled.

Comment

Yes you are correct the 10pin harness is on the side further to the back. It does have elctric trim and tilt. Is it possible I join the pink to the pink and ground the black wire and this will be enough to make the trim sensor work.

Comment

The pink wire and the black wire from the trim sender can be routed directly to the gauge (you will have to figure out how to best do this) to make the trim bars function on the multi-function gauge.

It is a mystery what is going on with your engine harness. The ten pin connector should be up front. The sender harness should connect to the main engine harness. The main engine harness should connect to the trim/oil harness that runs to the tachometer. Finally the trim/oil harness should connect to the multi-function tachometer connector.

Here is how I would have it expected to be

Comment

Thanks for help Boscoe, I'm still waiting to hear from Yamaha Australia. Do you know if anyone sell the connectors Yamaha uses. I slowly looking through the thousands of connectors element 14 and rs-online have.

Another thing will pulling the other signals in the trim and oil harness to ground stop them flashing on the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickras85 View Post
                      Thanks for help Boscoe, I'm still waiting to hear from Yamaha Australia. Do you know if anyone sell the connectors Yamaha uses.

Connectors

I slowly looking through the thousands of connectors element 14 and rs-online have.

Another thing will pulling the other signals in the trim and oil harness to ground stop them flashing on the screen.
                      The trim bars will flash until the trim sender is connected.

What else is flashing on the screen? I suspect it is the middle oil level status bar.

Your model has oil injection correct?

Comment

Working...
                      X