Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 excel 225 carbs, Rodbolt must know

Rodbolt and all,

First I want to thank Rodbolt for the information he has provided in other forums that has gotten me to this point with this engine.

The story:
    From previous Rodbolt info I discovered my 1989 excel 225 with 6K701 carbs was jetted incorrectly. It had 154 main jets and 190 air jets. I bought a set of carbs from an 1987 excel to get the proper jets. So now I have the proper 160 and 168 main jets and I have 270 air jets, which I believe are correct.

So I have two questions. First are the 270 air jets correct?
    Second when i pulled the main nozzles form the 2 sets of carbs they are different. Attached are pictures of the main nozzles the one on the left is from my original 1989 6K701 carbs. The one on the left is from the carbs I bought off of a 1987 (6K700's) to get the jets from. Which main nozzles should I run?
    Attached Files

I pulled this jet out of 6k701 carb off my 89 225 exel. Motor blew years ago but I stripped off some of the parts before junking the block

Hope this helps

Bill

Comment

Besides the above (great info!!) it's not un-common that
      only one of those jets will actually fit due to internal machining on the carb.

IE (one will fit, one absolutely won't)
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

back in the late 80's I worked on gray boats not play boats.
        the 220 and the v6special and the 225 excel had some unique differences.
        information was difficult to get then and impossible now.
        sounds like someone has monkeyed with that motor over the past 20 some odd years.
        I cant help much on this other than see what runs well.

Comment

All I know is what the parts catalog says. But it is not abnormal for an individual to play with jets to get a better running motor. Take the dreaded F40 carburetor model for instance.

I am not finding the 270 air jet. Anyone have a reference to it in a Yam parts book

Comment

Working...
          X