Thanks for the help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the help!

Just want to take the time to acknowledge the members, especially Rodbolt, Boscoe, and Townsend. I recently completely tore down and went through my SX150TXRZ after my first overheat problem and finding excess salt/mineral deposits throughout my cooling passages.

I got her in the water last Wednesday for a trial ride. First thing I noticed was the crisp exhaust tone and smooth idle. Took her out from the ramp to the Indian River. Bumped it up to 3,000 then 3,500, 4,000, 4,500, and 4,800 RPM. She didn't miss a beat. I did take a couple of rods out to try a little fishing. Headed out the inlet into the ocean off Sebastian. Tried a couple of hole shots, and man she got on plane in a heartbeat. Never ran better!. My good neighbor and I landed a small Baracuda (Perfect for fried nuggets), and a good size Kingfish (Steaks on the grill for six). In all, the trip was 45NM, successful, and rewarding.

Back to the acknowledgement, without your input I would not have accomplished this successful rebuild. Thanks again for your help!

All members, this site is a wealth of resources for all your Yamaha outboard maintenance/service needs.
    Chuck,
    1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

You are welcome.

Thanks for the feed back. Good to hear the motor is running well.

Comment

Congrats and thanks for the update!!
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Barracuda nuggets? Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
          Barracuda nuggets? Yikes!
          that is what I thought at 1st too,
          but to each their own preferences

where I fish , red fish, flounder , and trout is what I normally catch and eat.

pretty well gave up the red snapper, ling, and dolphin fishing.

I can just about run out inshore everyday a week for what it cost me to make an offshore deep trip once a week

Comment

Same here in GA, yam.

Comment

It is peculiar to me how folks in different parts of our country (and the world) like or dislike certain species of fish. Then too, tastes seem to change with time.

When I was a boy in the fifties grouper was considered to be a trash fish. Now it sells for as much as red snapper. Maybe more.

Lots of folks rant and rave about dorado/mahimahi/dolphin. Too mushy for me. I would rather have a spanish mackeral than mahimahi.

At the end of the day, it is all protein.

Comment

Try shark!

On the BBQ, doesn't take long at all to cook and its certainly NOT mushy.

Very good actually...
                Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 06-18-2016, 08:36 AM.
                Scott

Comment

There is nothing like a bowl of shark fin soup in the morning.

Comment

shame on you

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                      When I was a boy in the fifties.....
                      Whew, at least I'm not alone on this site!

Ray

Comment

don't eat fish myself.
                        it had to cackle or moo before it sizzles .
                        sometimes a bit of fried oink with cackle berrys does well in the AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RayBersch View Post
                          Whew, at least I'm not alone on this site!

Ray
                          Most are old farts!
                          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                            don't eat fish myself.
                            it had to cackle or moo before it sizzles .
                            sometimes a bit of fried oink with cackle berrys does well in the AM.
                            Is that no to all sea food?
                            that sure would limit the diet.
                            and living on the coast where fresh sea food is so easy to get, it is hard to understand.

I have a DIL that will not eat fish. I think it came from never having fresh properly cared for fish growing up.
                            My son and their daughter eat fish even thou she will not

Are you allergic to some of it?
                            or just do not like the taste?
                            You definitely are missing out on some good eating,

And yes most of us are older farts
                            born in 52

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

I have a DIL that will not eat fish. I think it came from never having fresh properly cared for fish growing up.
                              My son and their daughter eat fish even thou she will not

And yes most of us are older farts
                              born in 52
                              That was certainly my case. All fish was fried until it floated. It was dry, dry, dry. Mostly bass, bream and crappy. Wasn't until many years after having left home that I learned how fish should be cooked and came to enjoy it.

Now pork, chicken and beef was cooked until it was like shoe leather. It also was not all that pleasant to eat either. I think it was a sign of the time when folks were scared to death of diseases. Trichinosis and such.

It was criminal what they did to the food stuff back then. Looks like I will die of Zika before under cooked food gets me.

Comment

Working...
                              X