2.6 liter Z150 Block Vs 2.6 liter Z200 block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.6 liter Z150 Block Vs 2.6 liter Z200 block

I have a 2001 hpdi z150 that I probably need to replace the block on its part number is 68H-15100-00-1S . Can I use a 68F-15100-00-1S z200 block instead? Not sure if there is a difference in port timing or anything that I need to be aware of before sending this 200 block to the machine shop. They look identical but the different part numbers are throwing me. I hate to spend a lot of time and money to find out that there was a difference that made them incompatible. They are both 2.6's and the ports look the same but I have no way of measuring the ports exactly nor do I know if larger ports would cause issues anyway since the injectors and ecu control the amount of fuel getting sent into the combustion chamber. Anyone face this before and come up with a definitive answer? Thanks

Someone must know the difference if any

Comment

Well none of you were of any help but I found my answer and figured I would post it just in case any other poor soul finds themselves in my predicament.

The reason for the different part numbers between the 3 blocks and the only difference in the blocks themselves is larger exhaust ports. I might try it to see how it works out since I have a good 200 block sitting around. Worse case the hole shot suffers.

Comment

Working...
      X