where to land 12v power leads on 2000 yamaha 115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to land 12v power leads on 2000 yamaha 115

I just purchased a project boat with a 2000, 115 hp Yamaha. the engine looks clean and everything seems to be intact except for the power leads from the battery. there is one black wire landed on the top of the starter. the -(negative) I'm assuming. but there isn't another wire there that's landed to anything. there is a two pair, Yamaha brand wire in there one of which is cut the other not attached to anything. I'm guessing the wire not attached to anything is the +(positive) but I'm not sure where to land it. the starter relay is where I would think I should land it. but I'm not sure, any advice would be much appreciated

Why are you working on the motor without having the applicable service manual at hand? A big shame on you. If you were an aircraft mechanic you might be fined. Or worse, lose your license. Which would cause you to lose your job.

The negative battery cable gets landed at the post at the top of the starter motor.

The positive battery cable gets landed at the starter relay post.

See diagram below. B with a circle around it is from the battery. Item 1 with a circle around it is the starter relay.

Comment

Ha-ha! I agree with you boscoe99. And no surprise, I’m no aircraft mechanic. I’m just hands on, trying to learn, and save some money.

That being said, I really appreciate your response! Your scorn makes me think that I’m in the right place to find out how to get my Yamaha running.

Where did you find the schematic you sent me? I scanned through the 124 page manual I found online at Yamaha.com but I guessed I missed it.

I could use a more detailed wiring diagram and/or more advice. My new problem is about the two fuse holders, both shown in the diagram you sent me. One of them a (red wire from fuse) has just a male plug with nowhere to go…? I found today that it powers my tac, and most likely all my instruments. But where did it use to plug into?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.nitrox View Post
        Ha-ha! I agree with you boscoe99. And no surprise, I’m no aircraft mechanic. I’m just hands on, trying to learn, and save some money.

That being said, I really appreciate your response! Your scorn makes me think that I’m in the right place to find out how to get my Yamaha running. No scorn. Just trying to get you to do the right thing IMO.

Where did you find the schematic you sent me? I scanned through the 124 page manual I found online at Yamaha.com but I guessed I missed it. Illustration is from the 115 service manual. The one that you should have in front of you.

I could use a more detailed wiring diagram and/or more advice. My new problem is about the two fuse holders, both shown in the diagram you sent me. One of them a (red wire from fuse) has just a male plug with nowhere to go…? I found today that it powers my tac, and most likely all my instruments. But where did it use to plug into?
        It plugs into the female butt connector at the end of the battery cable.

Comment

Working...
        X