• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel pressure regulator

can you check a fuel regulator off the motor

Given enough time and money, probably.

But why?

You have an HPDI yes? Easy to check the fuel pump output pressure in situ. Put a fuel pressure gauge on the motor and turn on the key. The pressure should rise to the value stated in the service manual. Start the motor. The pressure should lower by the value stated in the service manual. The fuel pressure should increase as the throttle is opened and lower as the throttle is closed.

With the motor being run at all RPM's fuel pressure needs to be maintained to the high pressure pump at all times. There should be no funny business seen in the form of fuel pressure falling off for a steady RPM state.

As you know, all the medium pressure pump is doing is supplying gasoline to the high pressure pump. Do you think that you have a fuel pressure issue?

Looking at the data you offered in a previous post it appears that the high pressure pump is outputting rated fuel pressure.

Comment

the pressure is high someone gave me a regulator i didnt know if i could check it with out putting it in

Comment

Working...
      X