F 150, water in gas problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F 150, water in gas problem

After replacing fuel filter/separator and fuel filter on motor, is there anything that needs to be done to get water out of motor. 2006 F150

Yep, at least drain the VST, starboard side. You'll see a small screw at the bottom of the VST with a clear(probably yellowish now) hose under it.

With the screw loose, it'll drain. I'd suggest catching what comes out in a CLEAN CONTAINER. looking for more water/crap. You can prime the primer bulb to force more fuel thru till it's clear.

If I see crap come out, I'll gently blow BACK into that hose, to loosen up crap and drain some more till its clean..

And give it a couple of minutes to see if water collects and separates at the bottom of the container. If its cloudy, there's still water in it too...

It will cloud up if sitting outside in humid conditions, (ethanol fuel) after too long as it sucks up the humidity from the atmosphere...

Just as a side note, I use this product religiously and it works VERY well, third video down:
    http://k-100.com/videos/demonstration-videos/

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 06-09-2016, 04:21 PM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

After the VST is cleaned and clear of any crap you can also open the schrader valve (on the fuel rail I believe) and pump the primer ball to force fresh clean water free gasoline through the fuel system all of the way to the fuel rail. Pump until water free gasoline is seen.

How is the motor running?

Comment

Make sure you get the water out of the tank too, water in the filters did not get there by magic!

Comment

Working...
        X