1996 225V76 Running issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 225V76 Running issues

I have a twin pair of 225's on our boat, I have went thru both motors carbs, replaced fuel/water main filters, new hose and plugs. The starboard engine runs great but port engine will run great up to 3000 to 3200 rpm then starts dropping rpm and will shut off. I have replaced both blubs twice and when this happens the blub is soft. I have switch tanks and still happens. There is a sheen in the water and couple times I had to open throttle 3/4 way to get it to refire and had lot of smoke and fuel. I am replacing all 6 needle valves now. Any other thoughts.

have you checked the fuel pumps?
    the 3.1L motors are hard on them.

Comment

I have, did not see any issues from either 3, I pulled the deck last night so I'm going to start at the tanks and go to the motor see if I can fine a hose issue and if not, then I will pull the 6 carbs replace needle valves, pull all 3 pumps again and run new hose from blub out to motor. Since these motors have two fuel systems, 1 electric pump 3 vac motor mounted pumps Ill just work my way thru both.

Comment

slow your roll dude.

the engines have 3 lift pumps.

the engine has one electric pump that draws fuel from #6 bowl to supply the 6 fuel enrichment solinoids.
        each solenoid has an oring.
        if the oring is missing/damaged it runs rich.

Comment

Working...
        X