Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodbolt probably knows....

Comment

The dimples are the same, the supports are concave and hold water, so turn them sideways and they don't hold water, just my observations, and that's what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
        Rodbolt probably knows....
        Is there anything that he does not know?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          Is there anything that he does not know?
          I'm sure there is but he will have to kill you if he tells you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoiha View Post
            I'm sure there is but he will have to kill you if he tells you.
            In my opinion, rodbolt has probably forgotten more about Yamaha outboards , than I will ever know. He , as well as many others are a great asset to this forum .i am only a fisherman that needs to keep my boat running,as well as my fishing friends boats

Comment

the blue stripe, most likely a QC mark.

the vents are simply that.
              if you don't allow water to flow then by the time the T-stat opens the alarm is going off.
              was real common on the cross flow jonny rudes.

Comment

I think he waits to check everyone's creativity....

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                  the blue stripe, most likely a QC mark.

the vents are simply that.
                  if you don't allow water to flow then by the time the T-stat opens the alarm is going off.
                  was real common on the cross flow jonny rudes.
                  Yes, very important that thermostats selected for the engine can "outrun" the engines ability to rise in temperature, and that they are situated high enough in the water "column" where the greatest rate of temperature rise occurs.

I always wonder why the "hole" or bypass flow is so restricted, as modern engines perform well right from cold. Old carby designs required heat in the intake manifold for the air/fuel mixture to burn properly, so it was important for the thermostat to restrict flow to allow it to heat up as quickly as possible.

Thus thermostats were originally introduced as a safety valve rather than a regulator. It's importance more depending upon how cold the climate is, rather than how hot. I suspect from a passenger comfort point of view, getting cabin heating and demisting happening quickly shares equal imperative to getting the engine to operating temperature quickly.

Comment

Working...
                  X