No announcement yet.

Need help ASAP on my 04 200hp vmax.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help ASAP on my 04 200hp vmax.....

Hello everybody, I'm Josh holder and new to the forum style so bear with me. I have a 2000 triton tr20 w/ a 2004 Yamaha Vmax 3.1 L 200 HP and having some problems. I went fishing today and stopped to fish. When I went to leave the motor would not crank. Just turn over as if the kill switch was unhooked. I checked over everything So I *****ed back to truck. Once I got home I Hooked the muffs up and it fired right up as if nothing was wrong. So I took it back down to the water and ran it for about half an hour with no problem. I stopped at another spot and fished for about an hour, went to leave and the same thing happened again. Spin and spin but won't even hit. Had to get towed back to truck. When I got her on trailer it cranked right up! Ain't got a clue somebody please give some insight. I replaced all three LP, put a brand new prime pump bubble and still screwed up. Please help

spark or fuel

I would warm here up in the afternoon sun on da muffs or water. with a spark tester,, then do DVA and Restence test's...but as all books tell ya.. ck the kill switch and wire first....

Comment

did you try to open the throttle some to let more air into the motor to see if it was too rich to fire the cylinders?
      or did you test for spark when it would not start up?

Comment

Here we go with the old "will not crank" thing again.......

Comment

You say would not crank and, spin spin. I wonder if your saying the starter is not engaging? If that is the case the first suspect is your battery. Do you have electronic gear connected whilst you are sitting there fishing?
          Without clearer information, maybe your battery is going flat and that it may nolonger be able to hold the charge necessary to start after some discharge.

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
            Here we go with the old "will not crank" thing again.......
            Turns over but will not crank?

Hmmmmm.

Comment

Working...
            X