Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clogged slow air bleed jet passage...any tricks to clear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clogged slow air bleed jet passage...any tricks to clear?

2002 150 TXRA

Going through the carbs again and found passage behind the slow air bleed jet on one barrel is clogged/carb cleaner will not blow through to the passage under the respective brass cap in either direction. The jet is clean and out so the clog is in the passage itself. Any tricks to getting the clog out? Passage looks tight so I'm not sure if I can mechanically remove the clog. I currently have it sitting 'up' on the bench and gravity holding the some carb cleaner to try and soften it up.

Thoughts?

heated ultrasonic cleaner usually helps.

but if there is a brass plug could it be that it should be removed? Just a thought

Comment

Last edited by boscoe99; 06-04-2016, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Holy crap that was a pain in the a$$. The two passages in that circuit snake around the casting quite a bit. To clear it I had to alternate between steam cleaning the passage w/ an espresso machine steam wand (secret carb cleaning wonder tool but don't tell the wife) and carb cleaner. When I finally got the passage clean the blob came out like a gun shot - pop and then a carb cleaner spray pattern the same as the clean neighboring barrel. I wonder how long that crap was in there. I'll get it back together later in the week when my new slow air jets come in (had to easy out one of them that screw driver points were rounded out).

Comment

Originally posted by cheetah chrome View Post
          Holy crap that was a pain in the a$$. The two passages in that circuit snake around the casting quite a bit. To clear it I had to alternate between steam cleaning the passage w/ an espresso machine steam wand (secret carb cleaning wonder tool but don't tell the wife) and carb cleaner. When I finally got the passage clean the blob came out like a gun shot - pop and then a carb cleaner spray pattern the same as the clean neighboring barrel. I wonder how long that crap was in there. I'll get it back together later in the week when my new slow air jets come in (had to easy out one of them that screw driver points were rounded out).
          What a great feeling that can be.

Carburetors might not have any brains but they can have some incredibly complex circuitry in them. A marvel to the technology of man. Physics in action.

Comment

Working...
          X