Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice for my first Carb cleaning (F2.5) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Startron in the gas Im using now - it came recommended.....is that an equivalent that you have found better?

Comment

Originally posted by kaa121960 View Post
      I have Startron in the gas Im using now - it came recommended.....is that an equivalent that you have found better?
      I tried Startron years ago and had a carb varnish up a month later USING IT (in a mower carb). It got pitched...IMO, I would NOT use it

Either "Gas Shok" is really good stuff (I used that with my old Evinrude 150 after cleaning carbs two weeks in a row. Didn't have to clean carbs again after that..

What I use now is K100 and Ringfree in the boat.

The third video down: Demonstration | Fuel Additive | K-100

My boats a 1997, the original tank is still in it, never cleaned the in tank filter. When I re-powered to the Yamaha, I went to non-ethonol fuel and K100.

It took awhile but my fuel water separator has NO visible water in it, nor is it cloudy (I'll drain the VST and check). I did drain the tank (50 or 60 gallon tank, forgot-built in) about 6 months ago.

30-35 gallons was mostly 2 years old, treated fuel in it... (I had an issue, turned out to NOT be fuel related).

My neighbor bought it, ran most of it in his boat, in his car, I'm still running it in my two stroke yard machines.. Still burns fine!!!

I use that fuel, (a little on the heavy side with RF) on all the small engines (mostly 2 strokes) to finish cleaning out the carbs... Down to my last half gallon..
      Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 06-05-2016, 05:38 PM.
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Great job and congrats!

Hey townsend...check out my last posting to this thread. Was hoping you'd chime in with your thoughts. Thks.

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...e-th26816.html
        Jason
        1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

Working...
        X