200hp 1994 trim sender wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200hp 1994 trim sender wiring

Hi, new to the forum and have searched frantically for the above. need some assistance with what wires go where. Here's the scenario:

-3 wires coming up from my trim sender - Orange, Pink and Black that have been cut off. (bugger!)
    -a 4 pin plug that runs from the engine to the MFG in the dash where it shows trim all the way down. I've tried connecting the wires a few different ways but do not want to short anything out. the plug has Pink, Grey, Green, Green/Red (There is 5V on the green and green/red)

I have tried wiring the 5V to the orange and the pink to the pink and black to gnd but no go...

The dip switch on the MFG is set to 3 wire.

Any help would be appreciated to know which wire to connect to which plug point?

thanks,
    Chews.

Need the complete engine ID.

Comment

sorry
      200BETO
      6G6 UL 766133

I have been advised that it has been rebuilt hence why i think the wires for the trim sender were cut.

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by matchews View Post
        sorry
        200BETO
        6G6 UL 766133

I have been advised that it has been rebuilt hence why i think the wires for the trim sender were cut.

thanks.
        Excellent. Equivalent to a USA model 200TXRS.

Here is a diagram that shows the connections from the motor to the tachometer. Sorry it is so messy. Best that I can do.

Comment

*** that's brilliant thanks for the quick response... my gauge only appears to have one cable heading to the engine? possibly newer type gauge?

And I can't remember seeing an orange wire from my gauge... I'll have another look and do some tracebacks to see if the colours have changed back to engine.

Comment

Originally posted by matchews View Post
            *** that's brilliant thanks for the quick response... my gauge only appears to have one cable heading to the engine? possibly newer type gauge?

And I can't remember seeing an orange wire from my gauge... I'll have another look and do some tracebacks to see if the colours have changed back to engine.
            Newer tachometers for 2005 and later motors only have on four pin connector. Wrong tachometer for your motor.

Tachometers with two four pin connectors for older motors are still available.

Comment

Ok then no worries, the gauges came already installed in the boat. the tacho works no worries but it seems the oil and trim are not going to work. bugger.

It's weird that there is a dip switch on the gauge to allow for 3 wire trim senders though.

Thanks heaps for you help here much appreciated!

Comment

The oil caution and warning functions can be displayed on the tachometer. Also the over temperature warning.

Good point about the tach having a three wire sender setting.

The orange wire from the older tachometer provided the five volt reference voltage. I am wondering if a five volt reference could be tapped on the motor for this purpose.

How much functionality do you want?

Comment

Honestly, i always check oil levels and make sure water is spitting out of the back and its used mainly for water skiing. would be nice to have all the functions that it offers actually working but... its more things to go wrong and i don't want to depend on a gauge.

Comment

Working...
                  X